Thursday, August 21, 2008

T.S. Fay posting

this is from the bend in our road looking toward Valkaria road


Yes, this is a posting on the tropical storm Fay that came so slowly through our area starting early Tuesday and still here, raining today. This will be Faith's 4th big storm! Her first three were hurricane's Frances, Jeanne and Wilma. I think we had the same amount of rain from either Frances or Jeanne (I can't really separate them in my memory) but did not get this much from Wilma (she was mostly winds). The winds were not too bad with Fay and we didn't get much damage, a dead pine tree fell and an unanchored (our fault there) carport-like structure was overturned. BUT, we are flooded in, no one in, no one out - can't leave the house for another couple of days at least. Our rain gauge measured 16 inches this morning. The house is high and dry but once you get to the sod line it's all water and the road is covered from a couple of houses down onto Valkaria road, which is also covered at the intersection with our road. So today we ventured out and played in the rain and walked down the road that is not flooded. We definitely have cabin fever so it was nice to be outside, even if we were getting wet! Faith had her little rain boots on so she had a blast stomping in the puddles! I can' t believe I didn't get a picture of her while we were playing, I guess I was worried about the camera getting wet. I did manage to take a couple today, but most of these are from yesterday between rain bands.

front yard, not too bad :)
back yard pond, I think we'll stock it!
side yard with view of our flipped structure

1 comment:

w said...

rain boots for faith, huh? nice.

lilly hasn't any boots. so she stomped in the water with her crocs.

oh joy.